Founder of National Pro Clean began his career as hospital carpet/floor technician.
National Pro Clean Corp. specializes in training and consulting programs for the cleaning industry. This consist of janitorial start up programs, custodial training books and estimating software. Over 3,000 cleaning contractors globally look to us for on-going consultation and support.
Began cleaning career as a cleaning chemical representative for Diversey and later EcoLab.
Started commercial cleaning service and supply divisions.
Training and Certification program for new cleaning contractors is developed and introduced nationally
Innovative carpet spotting system is developed and marketed
Cleaning Performance Handbook introduced at CM Expo
JanBid estimating software is developed and introduced. The program has rapidly became one of the leading bidding programs in North America.
Appointed Chairman of the International Institute of Cleaning and Restoration Certification S400 Committee to develop an international ANSI standard for commercial cleaning.
Professional Achievements – Gary Clipperton, President National Pro Clean Corp.
- Owner of janitorial supply store, and building service contractor. Received Outstanding Young Men of America Award in 1975.
- Helped establish over 3,000 cleaning contractors in the business, and currently provides on-going consulting.
- Listed in Who’s Who of American Leading Executives.
- Charter member of North Texas Association of Professional Consultants.
- Instructor for Dallas Small Business Development Center (SBA) teaching quarterly courses on cleaning management.
- Author of Cleaning Performance Handbook.
- Current website nationalproclean.com draws numerous cleaning managers/owners to enroll for a free cleaning report.
- 2001-2002 instructor for Cleaning Management Expo in Anaheim, CA and Cleveland, OH.
- Contributing editor to Cleaning Management Magazine, and chosen as a member of their “Dream Team”.
- Pro Clean College (training division of National Pro Clean) received approval as an IICRC training school.
- Current Vice-President and Board of Director for International Custodial Advisors Network custodialadvisorsnetwork.org.
- Floorcare training class speaker at ISSA Vegas Show 2015
- Current chairman of the International Institute of Cleaning and Restoration Certification S400 Committee developing an international ANSI standard for commercial cleaning procedures.
This report was prepared to provide a general background and list of capabilities for Gary Clipperton and Pro Clean College. Please contact us with your specific questions or for a free consulting proposal.
Trainer Background and Experience:
- National Pro Clean and Pro Clean College founder, Gary Clipperton began his cleaning career during high school in 1962. He served one year as a hospital lead carpet, and floor care technician.
- In 1969, Mr. Clipperton began selling cleaning supplies to restaurants, schools, hospitals, food processors and institutions while employed full-time by Diversey, and later Ecolab. Extensive training courses were completed. During a period of five years, Mr. Clipperton trained hundreds of cleaning personnel, and taught a university course on the chemistry of cleaning. Clipperton also taught a cleaning seminar for the state sanitation inspectors.
- In 1974, Mr. Clipperton opened his own janitorial supply store, The Clean Spot in Logan, Utah. Later the business was sold, but it has remained in constant operation since then.
- In 1974, Mr. Clipperton expanded operations to consist of a full-service janitorial and carpet cleaning service.
- In 1978, Mr. Clipperton moved to Dallas, Texas and started a contract cleaning service. During the next twenty-three years, scores of commercial accounts were serviced. Customers consist of; leading car dealerships, churches, schools, department stores, office complexes, major hotels and hospitals. And, included several Fortune 500 Companies. Scope of services consisted of nightly cleaning, carpet and floor care.
- In 1989, Mr. Clipperton developed a contractor Training and Certification Program (info at https://nationalproclean.com). Entrepreneur Magazine has listed the training program for over ten years as one of their TOP 400 Business Opportunities.
- In 1991, Mr. Clipperton developed the Stain Delamination three-step process for carpet spot removal. This spot removal system has been purchased by dozens of carpet cleaners, department stores, schools, and hospitals, hotels and has consist of customers in Japan and Russia.
- In 1991, the company opened a carpet cleaning supply store in Bedford, Texas. It provided supplies and training programs to several carpet cleaning companies. Over 300 custodians at the Birdville School District in Worth Texas were trained on spot removal, bonnet cleaning, and extraction procedures. On-going troubleshooting and consulting services were also provided. The supply store was closed when the building experienced structural damage. At that time Mr. Clipperton began traveling in his consulting work.
- In 1992, Cleanfax Magazine (leading carpet cleaning industrial trade magazine) published an article written by Mr. Clipperton. It detailed a superior process that prevents the wick- back of spots, and brown out (delayed discoloration and wicking of residue and soil from the carpet base, and floor to the fiber tips). Mr. Clipperton’s restoration process has been adapted by thousands of carpet cleaners nationwide.
- National Pro Clean when located in Texas contracted with six Dallas/Ft. Worth hospitals to prepare their facility for accreditation certification (JHACO). This normally consisted of carpet and floor cleaning services.
- During the twenty-plus years that National Pro Clean contracted in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, thirty day-cares were serviced including a mix of nightly janitorial, and monthly floor and carpet care services.
- All carpet and floor technicians at Huguley Medical Center in Ft. Worth, Texas were trained by Mr. Clipperton. This consisted of once-a-week classroom instruction plus, 2 hours of actual hands-on experience for two months.
- Carpet cleaning training seminar was also conducted for Methodist Hospital, Dallas, Texas and Arlington Medical Center, Arlington, Texas. The entire custodial staff for Tarrant County Junior College was trained in professional carpet care procedures. Building managers for Valley View Associates were also trained in carpet cleaning procedures. Their company provides contract cleaning for a major Texas school district.
- Several large hotel cleaning contracts have been accomplished including the cleaning of all ballrooms and common areas at the D/FW Hyatt Regency. Also performed the total carpet cleaning process for Holiday Inn, The Sheraton, Four Seasons, and Radisson hotels.
- Trained the entire custodial crew during a one week period for the FAA facility – over 1 million square feet.
- Conducted a seven-day quality and productivity audit for 2 million square feet at the International Monetary Fund Washington, D.C.